Saturday, April 17, 2010

World Literature Essay for the IB

This is seriously getting annoying, I have spent the last 8 hours procrastinating over Youtube and MSN.

I haven't updated my blog in ages. Don't have time I guess. ==" (I know I'm contradicting myself here.)

The Elephant Vanishes by Haruki Murakami-
So.

I've chosen the following short stories-
The Second Bakery Attack
The Elephant Vanishes
The Kangaroo Communique
Family Affair.
I'm probably going to change.. but this is roughly what I'm sticking to.
I have so many questions about the stories, what do they actually mean?
The Volcano in the second bakery attack, is it a conceptual metaphor, if so, what for?
UGH.
What is the significance of the kitchen being "out of place" in the Elephant vanishes... ?!?!?! I get the whole theme of Imbalance.. but seriously? I don't get how that is really significant...
UGH.
The kangaroo Communique...
I dont get it at all, the guy is a freaking perv who tries to pick up a girl through his job at a complaint processing centre in a store. =="
Family Affair-
hmmm... I don't get this one either. but I sense something about family and duty... ugh..

Akutagawa and Rashomon? even harder to fully comprehend.


You can tell a lot about a fellow's character by his way of eating jellybeans.
Ronald Reagan (1911 - 2004)

1 comment:

  1. a tip about english: most of the time, the stuff you write about in essays was not the stuff the authors were thinking about when they wrote the story. just bullshit and make your points sound well justified.

    ReplyDelete