Sunday, June 6, 2010

Queen's Birthday!!

Every year (almost...) Queen's Birthday always happens to be on my Dad's Birthday, June the 7th. So every year we end up going somewhere, except this year =S. I don't know why, but I think my mum is getting tired of going outside and having a breath of fresh air, or maybe because my exams are still on (sigh). Anyways, we just went shopping early this morning.. for my Dad's birthday and to get him something nice =P. I realised I hadn't been out shopping with my family for soooo long, seems as if shopping was new to me o_o... The feeling of pushing the trolley and mucking around with my sister. I remember looking at the various goods on the shelves, like a caveman staring at fire for the first time.... I stared at the snack shelves for so long that the lady next to me started looking at me weirdly... and before I knew it, we were driving home. The feeling of living life in the slow lane hit me all of a sudden, and I wished I could just go back to chilling with my mates on a Sunday without having to worry about updating CAS or meeting an EE deadline.

While I am writing this post, I am waiting patiently for the cheesecake I just baked for dad. Ahahaha it was my mums idea that I should put on the apron again and make something for my dad, something I havent done since the age of 9. That time I could just barely reach the stove, and I was already making 韭菜盒子 haha. (Translated as "Chive Boxes", a fried pastry with chive fillings shaped like a big dumpling).

I just realised I had exams tomorrow, oh God, and I haven't even started revising for Chinese Paper 2 yet... Im hoping reading some past paper answers just before bed can get me through, but thats just wishful thinking. My main problem with writing Paper 2 is my limited vocabulary, 哎呀, 提笔忘字。。。

My mates went to Takapuna yesterday for a day out, but I couldn't go cause I had to "study"... If I had even a tiny bit of self control I wouldn't have procrastinated over Tribal Wars and Counter Strike. Haha this might sound so stupid, but I actually ended up going on Runescape again (thats how bored I was), almost 2 years after I stopped. WAIT! before you start judging me, I have an excuse! xD One of my mates from Westlake said he recently went on to see if he could sell his account for money (By money, I mean REAL money) , and he said there was a new skill out and it was pretty crap, but out of curiosity I went on to check it out. I swear the storyline is getting worse and worse as time goes on, what were the programmers thinking?!.... And their new tutorial is just.. lol...

Anyways, enough about me for one day, I might decide to edit this post later on today, but thats highly unlikely. Cause i'm just that fat and lazy ~_~*""

P.S I don't get the quote, if someone does please explain it to me in the comments xD.

Quote of the day:
Chinese Proverb

6 comments:

  1. If you employ handsome servants - they might take some the attention that was intended for you towards them?

    Games are fun :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha yeah thats what I thought.. >_<but idk..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe cause handsome people are dumb.. they'll care more about their appearance than actually doing the work and getting their hands dirty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm.. Handsome people are dumb. Lol Im guessing that works the other way round, dumb people are handsome? haha Ill quote you in the future sharon :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I heard the new runescape has better graphics, and therefore it's not fun anymore =P since bad graphics were part of the appeal hahaha.

    I think it means you might get yourself in trouble if you hire attractive people, esp in olden days when the rich men slept with their maids and then their wives got angry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol they've tried to upgrade their graphics for ages, but since the game runs on Java and that fact that its a browser game limits its graphics...=S the graphics actually hasnt changed much, since the last time i saw it, 2 years ago, but they blocked so many old things like drop trading and trade limits... so its lame now =P

    lol the proverb is so confusing ~_~

    ReplyDelete